Saturday 17 February 2018

Warcon 2018

Today we attended Warcon 2018, a small local gaming convention. Co-blogger Bart (yes, we run this blog with two people, increases the blogpost count :-)), ran a one-man show  and showed a small version of Lesnaya, a Great Northern War battle (see his twitter stream for some live updates). I was merely there for some moral support.



Although I couldn’t attend for a long time myself, a good small con can be very productive for getting your wargaming mojo back.

I did buy a few things from the B&B, and some scenery items and figures from some of the traders. Add the entrance fee, some money for drinks and a sandwich, and before you know it, you have spend 50 to 60 euro. But it's all in good spirits, to support the organizing club and encourage traders to come back the next year. Although I honestly do wonder whether they can make a profit from such small local cons. But I guess that's their decision to make ...


I’m pretty happy with the Citadel combat cards, and one can never enough fantasy monsters, hence the original Gorgon and Bullette AD&D Ral Partha miniatures. Not shown are a dozen painted GW figures from their movie-based LOTR range.

The cards are quite fun and go back to my GW fanboy days during the late 80s and early 90s. Perhaps I can use them somehow as a pre-game mechanic - or simply to decprate the wargaming room.

I was also on the lookout for some old miniature wargaming magazines to add to the wargaming magazines index, but didn't see any ... apart from some old issues of  Strategy & Tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment