Sunday 28 July 2019

Gedemco "Versterkte Toren" (4)

I painted in some more details, added some cardboard windows and doors (always useful to have a collection of those lying around), and some heraldry (again, cardboard). Instead of choosing classic medieval heraldry, I went for a heraldic sun motif. Looks more fun, and somewhat mysterious. I did add an heraldic blue lion though.

I dug out some of my old fantasy miniatures (80 skaven and an old Ral Partha wizard) to show off the relative size of this tower - rather huge!

Perhaps with the Keep, I can setup a game in which 2 wizards are duelling each other from their respective towers ... not only hurling fireballs at each others, but summoning minions, creating chasms and fog, etc ... could be an idea for a future convention game!









4 comments:

  1. The tower has turned out really well and looks impressive on the tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really (really) impressed at the stone and wood effects: very nice! The sun in splendor (I believe that's what it's called) is an excellent touch as well. Now I'm thinking of adding a "wizard's tower" to my collection. Not sure if I should thank you or be vexed at you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about the "sun in splendour" ... :-)

      As for the painting of the stonework: it is a rather simple painting technique: black undercoat + grey drybrush + painting in some details. The doors and windows are simply cardboard insets, so I didn't paint them myself ... I am not a very good painter, but over the years I've learned how to get good or ok effects with minimal effort. My painting is mostly meant for the gaming table, not for display.
      Tanks for the nice comments!

      Delete