Friday 26 June 2020

Last of the Geohex ...

Last week I parted with the last pieces of the Geohex terrain system I still had.

I bought a master set of Geohex somewhere in the mid-nineties, along with a mountain set. It was a major purchase at the time, and we used it extensively. However, I always felt the tiles were a bit too large to be flexible, and were also fragile, made of styrofoam.

Somewhere in mid 00's, I switched to the Kallistra terrain system, which I still use, and which is much more durable.

But anyway, I sold the master set some time ago, but somehow never got rid of the mountains et. I still used the mountain set last february, in my 42mm game at Warcon. But now it is gone as well.

The Geohex era comes to an end!

For old time's sake, here's a picture of the Geohex terrain in action, probably 96 or 97 in the Lonely Mountain gameshop in Leuven - our gaming HQ at that time:



No comments:

Post a Comment