Friday 27 January 2006

Commands and Colors: Ancients

The new "Command and Colors" game is available. It is the third game in the series, now dealing with Ancients, the previous two being Battlecry (ACW) and Memoir44 (WW2).

I'm a big fan of this system, it has inspired me to develop my own fantasy version for 25mm miniatures on hex-based terrain. So I'm looking forward to acquiring a copy.

Links:

[http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/14105](http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/14105)

[http://www.gmtgames.com/cca/main.html](http://www.gmtgames.com/cca/main.html)

Phil

_Update_ (Robartes): linkified links

4 comments:

  1. Je suis aussi un fan de ce syst� de jeu qui a de nombreux avantages dont la rapidit�e jeu.
    J'ai les deux premier, il me manque donc le troisi�. Est-ce que vous avez une id�o�pourrais me le procurer �n prix raisonnable. J'habite Arlon.
    Merci,
    Alkrampi
    I'm sorry I wrote in french forgetting that this blog is in English. I just wanted to know how and where I cpould order this game. I would appreciate to have an hint about this since I live outside of a large city in Arlon.
    Thanks,
    Alkrampi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I think currently it's only available directly from GMT games by mail order. Since it has only released this january, it might still be a few weeks before it is present in games shops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm.. interesting game. I also like battlecry a lot. haven't played Memoir'44 yet.
    If I can fight it in a shop somewhere I'm definately going to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played a couple of games of it this evening. Verdict - best of the series. It has a few extra rules, compared to Memoir and Battlecry, but these are not that complicated. For example, light troops can evade from combat and lots of funny elephant rules. On the board, the pieces look look like the stylised maps or diagrals of ancients battles that you see in history books. There is also room for tactics, which is nice, but the game remains part o the series. It plays quickly and produces amusing results.
    If anyone is interested, Greg has offered to lend me his copy while he goes off on holiday for a month.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete