Wednesday 29 March 2006

What's on my painting table - redux

Quite some time ago, I wrote [an entry on what was then on my painting table](http://www.nirya.be/snv/ttm/archives/000051.html). I thought the time was ripe to do so again.

So, currently on my painting table are:

* 28mm Celtic warriors -- yes, more of them, and still for my WAB army. I'm currently wrapping up the 1000 points - 4 more warriors and 10 javelinmen I recently found out are in my army list. Of the warriors, one is already painted, two are three quarters painted, and the fourth is still in primed state. The javelinmen are still in the prepping stage. I'm planning on decking them out with lots of javelins apiece to really go for the porcupine look. I'm using Brico 25mm framing pins for the javelins, so I'm hoping that I get to play JP with the Celts. Years ago he has sold me a Lysimachid army using sharpened steel pins for javelins and pikes, and they draw blood every time I play with them. This can be my revenge :)
As to manufacturers, the warriors are Old Glory (the last ones from a pack of 30 I bought in the now defunct but ever fragrant _Figs_ shop in Brussels, probably as my very first purchase of historical miniatures). The javelinmen are Foundry.

* 28 mm Carolingian Franks -- these are the start of one of the armies that will (hopefully, given the projected time sink in the near future) feature in this year's Crisis game. The figures I'm currently painting are from Artizan Designs newest range and are very nice indeed.

* 28mm Viking -- this one will feature in the Crisis game as well. For the Vikings of that game, I'm planning on only painting a few character figures, with the bulk of the troops made up of suitable Dark Age warriors from Alan's Saxon army and the Vikings from old stalwart David van Dijck. The figures I'm painting now are from one version of Foundry's _Ragnar's raiders_ pack. In another of Foundry's questionable marketing practices, the pack I bought (from the Mons shop at the recent Gent convention) contains a completely different set of miniatures (both in number and kind) as the one currently listed on the Foundry website. Go figure.

* 28mm [Dwarven crossbowteam](http://www.hobbyproducts.com/images/html_en/18018.htm) -- from Hobby Products. These are being painted for sale on eBay (or anyone reading this and is interested - the first of the crewmen can be seen on [this photo](http://www.flickr.com/photos/robartes/105994590/in/set-27460/). They're about three quarters done.

As to plans, I have decided to bring the Celts up to only 1000 points for now, and then concentrate on the Carolingians to at least have a hope of getting enough of them done for the Crisis game. With baby number two arriving any day now, I expect that over the next few months, my painting time will be diminished drastically.

What's on everyone else's painting table?

__TT tags__:

7 comments:

  1. I've got about 40 or so Peter Pig NVA to complete an NVA company for a try-out of the Charlie Don't Surf! rules by TooFatLardies. I also have a riverine monitor about 3/4 done, because, well, just because it looks cool. After that, I have resolved to finally start painting up the 10mm WW2 North Africa project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David
    Glad to hear it. I have been wrestling with an OH-6A in an attempt to have a few helicopters over the table albeit a little over scale.
    For the rest I have nearly finished 2 batteries of ACW artillery and am halfway through building 2 regiments of Redoubt ACW Cavalry. I needed a little colour to destract from the wall to wall camouflage colours of German Grenadieres and The Devon and Dorsets - a company of each of which are rapidly finishing completion to play IABSM and FoW.
    G

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finishing up 30 or so Redoubt Zouaves to go with my 50 Renegade Union infantry in Kepis. I'll likely then start with the Revolutionary French that I picked up from BV. Then I have the Renegade and Redoubt Rebels to paint. Then I move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finished and in the process of basing are 11 stands of Confederates (Adler 6 mils) and assorted generals, 4 stands of 15mm Hastati (finishing my Polybian Romans for DBM)and a load of 6mm (Baccus)Marlburian cavalry (painting these for Graham). Oh yes, and the first two 15mm (Fantassin) Portuguese regiments, circa 1811, for Principles of War.
    Next up, some more Portuguese and the last of my Corvus Belli 15mm Celts (for the Carthaginian DBM army, which is nearly finished).
    There are a few 28mm Saxons lurking around as well, but am not really in the mood for the One True Scale (sorry Bart).
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  5. My workbench is detailed at the Stipsciz�s Info center (see URL above). Cheers, Koen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still working through my Foundry ACW figs (about 50 to go till completion). Other projects for the future are, finishing off my near-complete HOTT undead army, rebase my 15mm Avars and paint a complete 28mm EIR WAB army (/cough). I must confess though that my pace is slow and highly irregular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Koen (Heverlee)5 April 2006 at 15:15

    Well, that's easy to answer: too much: Alzo zero 1:72 Americans and Germans, a second Full Thrust space fleet and about 25 armed...euh...worms. Further back on the painting table lurk some Fasa battlemechs, a squad of Pig Iron 28mm marines and 8 28mm female Starship Troopers.

    ReplyDelete