Saturday 12 July 2014

Oldhammer: Undead

When re-organizing some of my drawers full of miniatures, I decided to take a few pictures of one of my old Warhammer Armies. The undead below are mostly Citadel figures from the late eighties, early nineties. A few more recent figures snuck in, and here and there there might be an old Grenadier or Reaper figure, or some other figures of unknown make. The pictures are not of the best quality, my apologies.

Some figures are painted suboptimal to my current standards, being painted over 20 years ago. However, I never repaint any of my figures. I think they are a testimony to my painting and playing style from long ago, and as long as I have unpainted lead, I see no point in repainting already painted ones.

Overview of the entire army.
Plastic skeleton archers; the undead war catapult in the background; the plague cart on the left, accompanied by some undead riders. In the foreground some night horrors: spectres, a vampire, and a ghost with his head under his arm.
More plastc skeletons. Plague cart visible on the left, chariot on the right.
Skeleton cavalry. Note the use of cardboard flags, something I would definitely do different today. On the left an undead rider is mounted on a staggering horse. I used this figure quite often as commander for the entire army. The mounted figure bottom-left is from Reaper, one of the four horseman of the apocalypse.
More plastic skeletons. Note also the Death Elemental in front, as well as the wraith riders in the back.
Some mummies - the only unit mostly consisting of non-Citadel figures. I remember mummies were hard to find, so I used some Heroquest mummies instead. Both leader figures (skeleton monkey and Pharaoh) are non-Citadel.

2 comments:

  1. Hola
    Buena mesa de juego y muy buenas minis,me encantan los esqueletos
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful skelettons and pictures, love this post!

    ReplyDelete