Thursday 31 December 2009

2010: No, this is not a new decennium :)

In this time of 'highlights of the decennium' appearing left and right in the media, I would just like to point out that the current decennium (if we define that as the first ten years of the century) ends on 31st December 2010, not 2009. So there.

With that bit of pedantry out of the way, allow me to wish all visitors and readers of this blog a prosperous, productive and shiny 2010, a year wherein all your dice will roll high (or low, depending), your armies will grow and you finally get to complete that one project.

For me, here's my very high level plan for 2010 -- the 2010 project list as you might say:

* Great Northern War -- the idea is still to put on Poltava at Crisis in autumn. For the figures, an initial goal will be a playable game by early spring, and build from there. This is my primary project
* Napoleonic 28mm Bavarians -- I plan on steadily building up my (currently [one battalion](http://www.nirya.be/snv/ttm/archives/000359.html) large) Bavarian army. Initial goal is a playable force by summer (although the single finished battalion has already seen its first game).
* Romani Plastici -- 28mm plastic Romans. I currently have 3 legionary and 1 auxilia unit finished. The idea is to build this to a full army, with the initial goal being a 1000 to 1500 point force by spring.
* Napoleonic 28mm French -- these will be the refurbished ones from the Crisis bring & buy, plus the results of various Foundry sales over the past few months. There is no initial goal with these, just building the occasional unit here and there
* 'Gimmick' projects -- all the rest. Things like the Orc Uncharted Seas fleet, the 6mm Future Wars stuff, ... No set goal with these, so they will probably be painted in preparation for specific games.

What's everybody else's plan?

6 comments:

  1. My wargaming plans for 2010:
    1. Paint more figures. I still have large amounts of 25mm fantasy figures lying around. I would like to get them painted, once and for all, such that we can begin with some decent fantasy campaigns using the Ultimate Fantasy Ruleset.
    2. Write up a good ruleset for fantasy wargaming. Linked to #1 above.
    3. 6mm SciFi was also one of the things I would like to try. I have a couple of armies lying around that with a little repairs could be fielded rather quickly.
    4. Organize 2 or 3 committee games. The last one we tried, 'The Conference of Berlin in 1878 after the Russo-Turkish War' dates from April 2008. I have a few ideas that I can implement, although some fall more within the extensice C&C variety rather than committee games. Unfortunately, our regular player base seems to have thinned out a bit, so I am not sure whether this is feasible.
    5. I might start a new project. The 7 years war has caught my eye recently. I am even contemplating doing it with traditional flat tin figures, of which the selection for SYW is enormous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goals:
    1. Finish 28mm German Ardennes infantry company (2/3 complete, incl Hetzer).
    2. Finish 28mm American platoon w/57MM ATG (2/3 complete).
    3. Complete ECW plastic/metal Armies in 28mm. Three Musket/pike units panted (Two Parliamentary, One Royal).
    4. Fully complete the bases for my 28mm Italian Front Falschirmjaeger and US Platoons, also my WWI Turks.
    5. Paint and base Anzacs.
    That should keep me out of trouble. If only work didn't get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I just recently started wargaming my ambitions are modest.
    - Paint 15mm FoW British and German armies for a good North African battle. This'll keep me busy for a while.
    - Attend medieval campaign from january till march.
    - Actualy play with my Flames of War figs.
    - Create houserules for FoW, because there are a few rules that are dodgy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For 2010 I hope to do the following:
    1: Finish my Dwarven and Elven fleets for Uncharted Seas.
    2: Finish my 6mm Sci-Fi for Future War Commander.
    3: Get my 1/600 WW2 Coastal Forces project going.
    4: Start an "old-school" AWI project using 25mm Minifigs and "Charge" rules.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Objectives
    Paint 24 figures or Olley equivalent per month for the Waterloo project.
    Complete another 4 or so regiments for the Marlborough project.
    Finish the last 48 figures and 5 vehicles for the SCW 28mm project and get some games in.
    Finish the 18 Support vehicles and models outstanding for the Normandy Battlegroup Panzergrenadier/ BKC infantry forces I finished lat year.
    Continue with the AWI project 68 more figures to paint.
    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I will hopelessly fail to get any of this done, but my objectives are:
    1. to maintain an although slow but regular painting pace in order to
    2. paint the remaining 20 ACW figs for Brother against Brother
    3. Tidy up/Rebase several DBM armies (probably limited to DBA-ready first)
    4. Start on a WAB EIR or Hun army (haven't decided which one I'll do first yet)
    5. Actually play a game

    ReplyDelete