Wednesday 3 January 2018

Imaginations in 42mm (11)

My generals are finished. I gave them a coat of matt varnish and gloss varnish yesterday, and this morning I mounted the figures on the horses. I remounted the figure on the right slightly after taking the photograph, such that he has a more upright pose.

I am pretty happy with the colour schemes and the paintjob. Painting figures has never been one of my fortes, but this style (blockpainting and gloss varnish) seems to suit me well.

Now I need to come up with some proper names for these gentlemen, and then perhaps, a first game.

(Pictures taken with my iPad, quality could have been better ;-))




5 comments:

  1. Colored, beautiful and superb figures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are quite delightful and look very much ready to see table top action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great Phil. I will definitely be following this project! I have also decided to give all my soldiers names - it feels right for toy soldiers! Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, naming your soldiers suddenly makes them come to live. Also, it suddenly increases the possibilities for much more dramatic stories to be happening on the gaming table, if only in the imaginations of the players.

      Delete