Sunday 22 November 2020

One Hour Skirmish Wargames

A while ago we tried out the One Hour Wargames rules. It wasn't a success, and that's why I since then also pretty much ignored the One Hour Skirmish Wargames published a little bit over 2 years ago.

However, I read Rick Priestley's column in the latest issue of Wargames Soldiers Strategy, in which he mentions One Hour Skirmish rules and gives a brief overview of some of the card-based mechanics, and I was pleasantly surprised. I looked up some more reviews, and one review even said to not base your judgement on the "One Hour ..." title - which was of course exactly what I had done.

But anyway, long story short, I ordered a copy and it should arrive in the mail soon.

3 comments:

  1. We play both games and have really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a ompletely differet book that rides on the popularity of 'One Hour Wargames' in terms of the title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in my case it was the impopularity of the One Hour Wargames title that made me ignore the book :-)

      Delete