Thursday 6 August 2009

Painting Log: Franco Spanish fleet, part 2

I just finished the remaining 14 ships of the Franco-Spanish fleet at Trafalgar. That's 14 points, or a total of 24 points so far this month. Next up in the painting queue is a new Skaven Blood Bowl team (basically a new set of figures I'm painting in the same colours as the ones I did over ten years ago - should be interesting to compare them).

Pictures of the ships to follow once it's light again :).

And I'm now sure that I did not get the right mix of ships for the engagement. I think I got the mix that is stated on the website for the Franco-Spanish fleet, but that does not correspond to the actual ships present at Trafalgar. As I've said, there's only one three-decker and two 'full sail' two-deckers, while at Trafalgar there was one four-decker and three three-deckers. Oh well, in this scale, it's not really noticeable.

3 comments:

  1. Bart, you do remember I sold a 1st edition BB Skaven Team last year at Crisis, don't you? If I had known you were 'into' BB Skaven, I could 've kept them for you.
    As for the right mix of Trafalgar ships: clever commercial ploy or just ignorance on part of the seller?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, what's the deal with the Olley points anyway? Isn't it just another unit to measure how many figures painted?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil,
    I'm afraid I don't remember those Skaven -- too busy at Crisis, I guess :). Too bad, they look like nice figures (I like the pointing thrower type).
    Wrg to the Olley Points - yes, that's indeed just a way to measure painting output. Phil Olley is the one to first use it on the web, so he gets the 'credit' :). I find it to be oddly addictive -- last month, I painted up 73 points worth of figures and I'm already looking for ways of bettering that this month. As this results in more painted figures, that's a very good thing :)

    ReplyDelete