Wednesday 9 February 2011

Halfling Civil War

As part of my efforts to paint up figures acquired many moons ago, I came across a bunch of halfling figures (originally Grenadier, now to be found at [Mirliton Fantasy](http://www.mirliton.it/index.php?cName=fantasy-2528mm-half-men), marketed as 'half-men'; the same figures also appear as Copplestone figures, so I am somewhat confused about their real origins). These days, I paint my figures rather quickly, and use the Armypainter dip (medium tone) to give the figures a deeper shade.

Just for fun, I decided to depict them as a 2 armed gangs of smugglers meeting along the riverside. The cardboard buildings are old Townscape Games Workshop buildings from the eighties. The boat is a 'botter' from [Shifting Lands](http://www.shiftinglands.com/ships.htm).

Note the flag carried by one of the halflings - regular visitors to the Dutch amusement park The Efteling should recognize the face as Holle Bolle Gijs - a proper flag for the always-hungry halflings.

halfling1.JPG

halfling2.JPG

halfling5.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment