- More games. 2014 has not been a game-rich year. This was partly due to the construction of my own wargaming room (although I see it was finished last february ...), but mostly because my real job was a bit tough at times. Let's hope 2015 is different.
What type of games then? That is very hard to predict, but almost a certainty is that I would like to continue our Antares campaign, and do an ACW campaign of some sorts (using hour own houserules, and one of the CS Grant scenario books).
- Crisis in Antwerp is always the annual high-point of the wargaming year in these parts of the world. We have been running games there since 1997. Every year we have a chat about whether we are going to do another game the next year, and we always have a game in the end, although sometimes enthusiasm is lacking. Sometime, I would like to attend Crisis as a convention visitor, rather than a game organizer. Co-blogger Bart already mentioned he has some clever ideas for Crisis 2015, so my visiting and shopping spree will probably not happen in 2015 ;-)
- More painting. As I have stated several times before on this blog, I am significantly reducing my mountain of unpainted lead and plastic. I have converged to a point at which I found the compromise between speed and painting quality. I know I will never be an award-winning painter, but I can be a good-enough painter producing figures to be played with.
- Rules Design. I love writing and developing my own rules. Perhaps 2015 will be the year in which we finally start developing our ultimate fantasy ruleset? This has become a running joke in our little gaming group, since we have been talking about this for years.
The core problem is to find a good angle at which to approach this. I do like writing rules, but I also believe one should not just make a clone of an existing ruleset. A housewritten ruleset should have some original core components. E.g. our Antares rules are focused around the die vs distance mechanic, and action points per figure mechanic.
- Write 1 or 2 articles for one of the glossies. We have been writing quite a lot over the past 3 years or so. Let's proselytize some more!
Monday, 5 January 2015
What will we do in 2015?
Let's make some (realistic?) wargaming plans for 2015....