Thursday 2 January 2020

Wargaming plans for 2020

2019 wasn't much of a wargaming year. In my logbook of wargames played in my wargaming room, I recorded zero (yes, you read that right) games played during 2019. Going through the blog archive for 2019, we also didn't play a wargame at Bart's wargaming room. It seems both our wargaming mojo's have reached nadir. As usual, we can blame personal and professional circumstances, but still ... a sad state of affairs.

That doesn't mean I was void of any form of gaming.  I played a number of boardgames (16 games logged on boardgamegeek), and I got my wargaming fix at Crisis and Warcon.

So, what do we plan to do for 2020? First of all, we need to play more games. Since we can't hit rock-bottom any further, this should be easy to achieve.

What else? I would like to run some games using my Imaginations in 42mm toy soldiers, perhaps at a convention. Warcon is only a few weeks away, so maybe we could use that opportunity for a first playtest.

I'm not going to project anything else ... it's a bit too embarrassing given 2019's record ... ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Phil, would it help if I invite you and Bart for a game at our local club one of these weeks? We can discuss this at Warcon. Putting agenda's together will probably be the hardest part.

    ReplyDelete