- 3 types of ships: large, middle, small.
- Choose 3 ships to move when it's your turn.
- A ship must move forward 1 hex, then may make a 60 degree turn. Small ships may make a 2nd movement.
- After movement, you can fire in any of the 4 side hexes (not the front or back hex).
- Large ships roll 4 dice, middle ships 3 dice, small ships 2 dice
- Target may shoot back (if it can do so) with 1 dice only (so it is important to manoeuvre such that you can attack instead of receiving the hits)
- Hits on 5,6
- Large ships have 4 hits, middle ships have 3, small ships have 2.
- If you must move into the hex where another ship is present, both roll a dice, sunk on a 6.
- Anything else is made up by the umpire on the spot.
Friday, 5 August 2016
Naval wargaming for kids
Some simple rules to quickly set up a game for kids - made up on the spot when they asked for a game at "Uncle Phil's Toy Room":