Wednesday 8 July 2020

And now for something different ...

Recently, I participated in the Car Wars kickstarter. I remember playing old versions of Car Wars back in the 80s and 90s, so this is an old favourite. I also got interested in Machinas, and bought a pdf copy as this game as well. This is topped by my acquisition of an old Dark Future set, which I bought at Crisis last year.

So, I need some cars!

Luckily, I still have a box of my old Matchbox cars from my toddler days (yes, that is almost 50 years ago). These cars date back to the late 60s, early 70s, but I never really did much with them for wargaming purposes. Perhaps now is the time!

A small selection of cars (various brands) going back to the early 70s

First thing to do is to disassemble the cars. It turns out there are a lot of youtube videos on how to do that exactly. So I took out my Dremel and started drilling ...

Some cars disassembled

This leaves the metal bodywork for a nice repaint job, and the inner parts for some cleaning. Then I'll have to add guns, rockets, and all the paraphenelia required for some heavy car combat ...

To be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment