Monday 11 May 2015

6mm Science Fiction Buildings

The coming months I plan to stage a few 6mm scifi battles as part of the developing Antares campaign setting. Hence, I brought out my 6mm stuff, mostly dating to the GW Space Marine days.

However, I also unearthed the buildings below, of which I do not remember the origin. I think I bought them around 2003-2004, but they might be much older than that.

If anyone can help me with identifying the manufacturer, I would be very thankful!

Update May 25, 2015: It appears these buildings are still available from Second City Games, or  SHQ Miniatures (although it is hard to confirm the latter, since there are no pictures on their website for 6mm scenery).



Funny detail: I named the city blocks in the picture above in true Judge Dredd style: James T. Kirk block, Harrison Ford block, and John Carter block.

8 comments:

  1. Nice little SF buildings, Phil!
    I always have this strange idea that a SF game should be played using lots 6mm figures.

    Could the buildings be made by Ainsty Castings? I believe he used to attend Crisis before the Metropolis era.
    Just a wild guess...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't find them on the Ainsty website ... mostly 28mm stuff there.
    The quest continues ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm. Some of those look rather like the ones from Daemonscape (the old GZG resin ones) but not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There lovely looking buildings

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. There lovely looking buildings

    Take care

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The buildings are from SHQ. I know the owner of SHQ miniatures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The SHQ website could need some pictures though ...

      Delete
  7. They are SHQ buildings I know the owner of the company.

    ReplyDelete