Wednesday 24 December 2014

Some old Runequest miniatures

Confession: I have been a hoarder of miniatures since the late eighties. Ever since I bought my very first blister pack, Undead Orcs (Grenadier's Fantasy Lords series, #129), I have been addicted. I do sell miniatures now and then, but one "period" I can never let go are fantasy types. Probably this is related to how I first got into miniature wargaming - through Warhammer 1st edition. And although I long stopped playing Warhammer, I have had a fondness for fantasy miniatures ever since. I still have wild dreams of setting up a fantasy campaign along the lines of our Antares Scifi campaign, so a wide array of fantasy miniatures might come in handy in the future.

Lately, I have been browsing old catalogues in attempts to identify some of my old miniatures collected over the years. The lot below are 6 very old miniatures. I had a vague memory they might be miniatures produced for Runequest, but I never took the effort to figure it out. Until now.


The Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki was again very helpful. Apparently they are old Citadel miniatures, and come from different sets produced for Runequest.
From left to right:
  1. Orlanth Adventurer (set 2, Adventurers)
  2. Dark Troll with large Axe (set 3, Trolls)
  3. Ogre with Flail (set 6, Humanoids & Aldryami)
  4. Smitten Broo (Set 3b, Attack of the Broo)
  5. Broo Battling with Mace (Set 3b, Attack of the Broo)
  6. Runner with Bow (set 6, Humanoids & Aldryami)
I am glad they are now two Broo miniatures in my collection. I always had a fasciniation for the Broo, ever since I saw a drawing in the first Citadel Compendium. They are the precursors of the later Chaos Beastman.

No comments:

Post a Comment