Monday 2 January 2017

Vintage Fantasy Figures (2)

Earlier I reported on a large amount of vintage scifi and fantasy figures I acquired (read here and here and here). I managed to identify some more miniatures. I apologize for the quality of the photographs (bad shadows and some perspective correction ...).

A first group are Chronicle figures, according to LostMinisWiki: "Chronicle Miniatures was owned by Nick Lund. In the mid-1980s it was bought by Citadel Miniatures. Nick Lund went to work at the Citadel Design Studio and Citadel continued to distribute the original Chronicle Miniatures under the Chronicle brand name but these were gradually replaced with new designs. When Nick Lund joined Grenadier Miniatures to form Grenadier Miniatures UK, the Chronicle brand ceased to exist."

It took me a while browsing through the collector sites (LostMinisWiki and CitadelCollectors) before I could find them, since the Chronicle range was not well known to me. Curiously, some figures came in multiples of 2,3 or 4 castings. Since I assume they all came from the same collector, it might be he/she bought mutiples, or perhaps they were sold as mutiples in blisters or bags?

From left to right, top to bottom:

  • CF3 Wizard
  • CF4.v2 Illusionist with wand
  • CF8 Ranger with sword, shield and bow
  • CF9v1 Elf-Fighter Wizard
  • CF10 Thief Backstabbing
  • CF12 Assassin
  • CF14 Hireling carrying pack and lantern
  • CF15 Female Cleric
  • CF17 Ninja
  • CF19 Half Orc Adventurer with long axe and shield
  • CF26 Gnome Fighter/Illusionist
  • CF27 Halfling Adventurer
  • CF29 Female Barbarian
  • CF30 - Female Ranger
  • CF32 Left-Handed Fighter
  • CM14 Ghoul
  • CT10 Evil Cleric

Another group I managed to identify are individual figures from old Citadel and Ral Partha ranges, and a Minifig and Custom Cast miniature that escaped my attention before.


 From left to right, top to bottom:

  • Citadel Dwarf Adventurers - Fighters (miniature 29 here)
  • Citadel Fantasy Adventurers FA 30-1 Female Ranger (here)
  • Citadel FTH Fantasy Tribe Hobgoblin (here)
  • Citadel SAM12 Warrior Monk with Naginata (here), weapon missing.
  • Ral Partha Personalities and Things that go Bump in the Night 01-16 Beowulf Nordic Hero (here)
  • Ral Partha 1200 AD - Spanish Catalan Archer 42-165 (http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=1200_A.D.#Spanish)
  • Ral Partha Personalities and Things that go Bump in the Night 01-13 Assassin (here)
  • Minifigs ORC6 Orc Hurling Spear (here
  • Custom Cast - Fighter from 1057 The Companions (here) - obviously Boromir.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I have recently been collecting the Chronicle miniatures so if you would be interested in selling any then please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely sell the doubles I have. If you're a collector as well, perhaps we can trade for similar early Chronicle/Citadel figures? Contact me via email ...

      Delete
    2. ok thanks, I've sent you an email.

      Delete