Wednesday 9 December 2020

Fantasy City

During the past couple of days, I suddenly felt the urge to bring out some of my old fantasy buildings and build a cityscape. I might even run a solo game in it over the coming Christmas holidays using the One Hour Skirmish Wargaming rules. Perhaps I should revive my old Lowenheim setting again (a city game that used much of the scenery in today's setup). We'll see.

Here are some preliminary photos, but the city still needs to be spiced up with inhabitants and some more smaller scenery elements.








8 comments:

  1. Fantastic scenery Phil - just perfect for a skirmish game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Those Citadel cardboard buildings keep being useful, especially in large quantities.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking city scape and quite a collection of buildings you have there. It is rare to see a tabletop full of buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the buildings are form the old Citadel Townscape set. The have served me well over the years!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a set-up. If only I had been able to manage something similar way back during my D&D days.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Funny thing is, those cardboard buildings are rather primitive by today's standards. But they still are very useful when used in large quantities.

      Delete
  4. Would you believe that last year I sold exactly the same set - with the same additional buildings from the old GW starter kit - and of course completely build like your one here only to find out that I am going to use (printed or scratch build) card board buildings with my new fantasy project? Jesses...but 'making' is part of the fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! BTW, I have these buildings double. One set (the one in pictures) as the Townscape set that GW publsihed in the 90s. But the Townscape set was really a collection of all those buildings in various scenario packs for WFB 2nd edition. I do have the scenario packs, but never put together those buildings. Otherwise, storage would become a bit too much ...

      Delete