Monday 22 March 2021

Blast from the Past (2)

A few years ago, I reported that when I was in high school, we (that's me and my long-term wargamer friend Eddy S.) had the grand ambition of launching a wargaming magazine.

Thanks to Eddy's excellent archival skills, a cover of issue 1 of that magazine has resurfaced.

Oh, the glory days of our innocent teenage years! This was still pre-computer, pre-printer, pre-anything, but we had enthusiasm, hand-drawing skills, and Letraset!

I have no recollection of making this cover, but since I recognize my own handwriting, it must have been done by me.

 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'll post an article later - they were typed up in Dutch ;-)

      Delete
    2. W.r.t. Letraset: I used them both ways ... leftover rub-off sheets from my dad's job, and I also had a Letraset catalogue with all their fonts which I used to copy letters by hand. Yes, these were the pre-home-computer days after all :-)

      Delete
  2. Excellent!

    A year or so ago I stumbled across a old club newsletter/mini magazine c1980/81 (mimeographed I think but maybe photocopy?) and read through. A bit of a surprise to read a couple of the articles and find my name as the reporter.

    Good days when seen through the right colour of glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letraset: What a flashback!

    ReplyDelete